Milwaukee Criminal Divorce Bankruptcy lawyer

Tel/Text: 414-372-6598

Wills, Living Wills (Advanced Directives) & Power of Attorney for Health Care

If you pass away without having a validly-executed Will in place, the government will dictate how your property gets distributed to your survivors. If you just don't care where your stuff goes after you die, then that's fine. However, if you have it in mind that you might like certain things that belong to you go to certain people or charities you love or care for after you pass on, then it's worth looking into having even a simple, inexpensive will drafted. And beware all the Will "kits" offered for sale out there for $20 to $50; despite how they are advertised, they are not "one-size-fits-all" generic forms that necessarily comport with the laws made and provided which govern the drafting and execution of valid wills recognized and enforced by Wisconsin courts. It is always far better to have a competent attorney who is licensed in your state draft these types of instruments for you.

And what if you have a terminal illness, are in a motor-vehicle accident and find yourself in a coma some unfortunate day? (It can happen to anybody!) Do you want feeding tubes used to keep you alive for as long as possible in that state? If not, how would the doctors and/or your loved ones know it and by what authority would the doctors be able to act contrary to their Hippocratic Oath to keep you alive under all circumstances, absent your wishes to the contrary? How would they know to withhold certain types of medications, blood transfusions, etc., and by what authority would they be able to do it? The answer is called a Living Will.

So what if you don't have a terminal illness, end up in an accident and in a coma? Who would be out there to make critical, health-care decisions for you while you were incapacitated and unconscious? It's called a Power of Attorney for Health Care.

Even if you are married, there are still plenty of good reasons why you might want to have a Will. And all of these documents are vitally important for unmarried couples to have in place, especially those with children or those who have been together for a long time and plan on staying together without getting married. I can draft all three of these instruments for you or someone you know for one, low cost of only $350. That fee includes as much consultation as is necessary to perfect every detail that comports with your wishes, and to draft the documents for your execution. I can do this for people in any part of the state quickly and efficiently. The initial consultation is free, so you've got nothing to lose by just calling or e-mailing me about how one or more of these instruments can benefit you and your loved ones!

I maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau!

P.O. Box 579, Milwaukee, WI 53201 Wisconsin State Bar # 1020925